Scores of Palestinians including children and women have been killed and several others were wounded after Israeli warplanes dropped tons of explosive on Jabaliya Refugee Camp in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday.
According to Gaza’s Health Ministry, the strikes had left 400 dead or wounded in total. The death toll is feared to increase as the lack of medical facilities add to Palestinians woes.
Iyad al-Bazum, interior ministry spokesperson, said that US-made bombs have targeted residential homes causing a “massacre,” adding that an entire residential complex had been destroyed in the attack.
“These buildings house hundreds of citizens. The occupation’s air force destroyed this district with six US-made bombs. It is the latest massacre caused by Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip,” he said, calling on the international community “to act immediately to stop Israel before it is too late.”
Video footage from the camp showed buildings completely levelled to the ground, and panicked Palestinian residents could be seen carrying wounded children away from the scene or searching for survivors.
On October 7, the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas launched its biggest operation against Israel in years in a surprise offensive, dubbed Operation Al-Aqsa Storm, in response to the occupying regime’s intensified crimes against the Palestinian people.
The ongoing Israeli massacre has killed 8,610 Palestinians and left more than 23,000 wounded, according to the figure provided on Tuesday by the Ministry of Health in its daily report on the situation in the occupied territories. The figure excludes the casualties from the Israeli attack on Jabaliya.
Beside its relentless bombardment, Tel Aviv has also blocked water, food, and electricity to Gaza, plunging the besieged territory into a humanitarian crisis.