Massive fire broke out in a plastic wastage godown located at Mir Alam road under Bahadurpura constituency on Saturday morning.
The fire started around 6 am in the morning and spread it faster in the godown leading employees to rush out and inform the authorities.
The fire tenders from different places rushed to the spot and managed to control the flames in the area.
“The fire broke out early in the morning in a plastic godown situated next MJ Palace. Immediately after, the officials concerned were informed about the mishap who rushed to the place and managed to douse the fire,” said, Mirza Rahmath Baig, MLC AIMIM.
It may be mentioned here that six people have suffocated to death inside the eight-storied Swapnalok Complex in Secunderabad on Thursday after a short-circuit in the fifth floor air-conditioning unit triggered a mammoth fire that raced to the top floors, sending a huge pall of smoke billowing into the sky.
The deceased identified as Pramila, Vennela, Sravani, Shiva. Triveni and Prashanth, all aged around 25, were among the six who locked themselves inside a washroom on the fifth floor and died of asphyxiation as the fire raged in the corridors.
Similarly, another massive fire incident had taken place at a defunct and vacant pharmaceuticals firm in Jeedimetla on Thursday night.
Reoccurance of such incidents in Hyderabad & Secunderabad raise questions on the apathy of the concerned authorities as they have reportedly failed to check the fire safety measures in the buildings and godowns exit in the twin cities.
— Voiceup Media (@VoiceUpMedia1) March 18, 2023