Almost 30 students have been hospitalized after consuming food (mid-day meal) served in the school, in which a snake was found in Birbhum District of West Bengal.
The authorities informed that the students of a primary school in Mayureswar block in the district fell ill after consuming food served to them . One of the school staff said that the snake was found in a container fill with lentils.
“Without any delay, we shifted all the children to Rampurhat Medical College and Hospital as they were vomiting,’’ said, one of the school staff who had prepared the lunch for the students in the school.
After the incident, angry parents registered their protest against the apathy of the concerned authorities and sought immediate action against the responsible persons in the incident.
Police, however, registered a case, and an investigation is on.