At least 153 were killed and many others were wounded in deadly crowd crush in the South Korean history. According to media reports, the incident took place near Hamilton Hotel in Itaewon due to narrow road, which caused health workers to gain access and recue the injured persons and shift the dead bodies.
It also reported that South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol declared National Mourning till November, 6 as well as local and International Brands and K-pop singers have cancelled all the events, which were scheduled on Sunday owing to deadly stampede. The Embassy in Seoul informed among those deceased were 20 foreigners including from Russian and Iranian Nationals.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Nasser Kannani said that five Iranians had been died in the deadly Halloween Stampede in the South Korean Capital Seoul.
“Five Iranians national have been among the deceased. Iranian Embassy in Seoul is in touch and following the situations of Iranians and get more information on the statues of possible injured or missing Iranians will be announced later,’’ said, Nasser Kannani, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman. Earlier, such stampede has taken place in Busan of South Korea on July 17, 1959, in which 67 people were crushed to death in a narrow aisle at the stadium.